Monday 19 November 2012

Putters

I find it very hard to change my putter because I think I can adapt to most putters. I don't really find much difference with each new model. Even with new technology and all, the Putter hasn't changed much, even the old Pings Putter's and Scotty's are still excellent putters.

So if I get a new putter, it must really value add to my game. And to this we have to add in the factor of benefit to dollar cost ratio. $129 for the Odyssey Black Series Tour Design 4 is a very good price.(not preowned).

In my 13 years of Golf, I have only used 2 Putters before this new one.

1. Never Compromise ZI Alpha
2. TaylorMade Rossa Suzuka 08.

Looked at many others especially Scotty Camerons. But the Scotty's Benefit to Dollar cost ratio was too low. So the reason I changed the Putter was because the Odyssey Black was a good putter and at good price.

It seems like I am rambling to justify or enhance my purchase. But my point is watch how much you spend  on the putter, finding one the suits you is much more important. There are so many factors to consider when you choose the putter and so many factors to confuse you too.

But the counter argument to this is
1. The Putter is the most used and most important club in the bag, used on every hole, so you should spend top dollar on your putter.
2. Spend top dollar cause you want the best putter cause you won't change it often if not at all.
Very valid points which I don't disagree with, but I am with the other school of thought. (although my wife encourages me to spend more given the amount of golf I play.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.