Saturday 10 November 2012

Golf Tees

Many many options for this little thing.

For the driver I use Zero Friction 3-Prong Tees. I like to tee it up high, so I use the 3 1/4" tees. The length of tee is really up to you. But with the big head 460 CC drivers, it's better to tee it up high. Why I selected this tee is the 3 prone reduces resistance between ball and driver and between ball and tee = more distance. Less resistance between tee and driver also results in less chance of getting dings on the driver. (but this seems inevitable if you play a lot.)

The Zero Friction is made of biodegradable/ bio-composite material, so its softer then usual plastic tees and lasts longer then the wood tees. But without concern for costs, wood tees are the great, break when resistance it too high, good for driver distances and the driver face.

However, with the price of tees going up, its cost-effective to get a tee that can be reused for a bit. But I really need to tee it up high, so I don't use the free tees supplied by the club. (they are the standard length wood tees).

Teeing up for the wood or hybrid, I usually use the broken remnants of the 3-Prong Tees. When Teeing up for the iron, the type of tee doesn't really matter to me and I usually scavenge of the tee box for broken tee tips. You'll be able to find decent tips of at least 1 to 1 1/2" in length.

To put it shortly----->>>> No need to buy Short tees. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.