Saturday 15 December 2012

Product Review -Original Swing Setter


Today's product is a Training aid! 

It's David Leadbetter Original Swing Setter. Nothing new here. In fact he has a Swing Setter Pro that's out too.

But for me I got the Original Swing Setter. Had trouble finding it locally and shipping costs were expensive. So did the next best thing. Got my Golf Pro to bring back one for me when he got back from the states.

The Swing Setter trains a few things
1. The EZ-See Club Face which allows you to view the clubface through the back swing. However, you must know what the correct direction the clubface is for it to be useful. But nonetheless, it aids beginners faster. However, I didn't install it.

2. There is the antenna thing at the base of the club. It's extendable to sort of lengthen the club and point downwards to help you understand and check your plane. Good for beginners. Especially remembering to point at the belly during the takeaway, because a lot of beginners break the wrist too quickly in the backswing. The only thing I use the pointer is to bluff kids that my club doubles up as a Walkie Talkie.

3. It comes with a formed grip that teaches beginner's how to grip. It's really useful cause a fundamental thing like a wrong grip can kill your swing.

4. The Magnetic Balls are great for the back swing. It helps your tempo especially when you hear the click. The upper ball(nearer the grip) is meant for clicking in the back swing. Don't really practice this part with the swing setter, my  Pro recommends me to use the Orange Whip, he also recommmends me to get this next. (currently using his/shared whip when  no one is using it). Can understand the importance of this, because a lot of beginners have too flat a backswing.

5. What I mainly use the swing setter is to practice the lag and prevent early release of the wrists. It's great when you can hear the click after the ball/impact rather then before impact. Most of the average Joe's on the range release too soon, causing a loss of speed. Also good for strength training, using the swing setter one handed (left and right), and practicing the baseball swish with it. As you improve the clicking of the balls gets louder.

Verdict : I got one. Very Nice!



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.