Saturday 15 December 2012

Golf irons conundrum

Really like the feel of the Project X shafts on my Burner 2.0. But the offset of the Burner 2.0 is giving me a higher launch and is exaggerating my hooks because of my hand action. In a way its good, because I spotted this mistake in my swing which wasn't too obvious on the TP MC.

Feel like replacing the DG S300 of the the TP MC and sticking in the Project X 6.0ss. Don't think will play with the DGs. My buddy thinks so too and additionally he feels (and I agree) that all shafts fatigue, especially with loads of range and play time. The face of the clubs/ grooves and also the sole are also showing a bit of wear because of the soft forged head.( I do diligently use club covers for my forged irons). But was thinking whether to get a new set of irons rather then reshaft. But the question is which one? And its it worth it?

It's about $75 per shaft including gripping and labour. Means $525 for 4i-P. Set of new TP MC is going for $599. Total is $1124. So far in Singapore, I have seen the Mizunos MP-59 with Project X 5.5 going for 1155 plus the usual freebies thrown in. Unless I custom order a set of Titleist AP2 (716) with the Project X (will cost about $1600).


But I am not sure about the Mizunos. Never played a Mizuno. AP2 are a bit overpriced. Have to pay a premium for the brand. Another option is to wait a while and see what Taylor Made has to offer for the TP series if they intend to come out with new ones. But definitely no Honmas for me.

Just put your comments below and let me know what you guys are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.