Friday 7 December 2012

Golf and fitness.

Golf is a great sport. Good for muscular strength. It helps your cardio too. Especially if you carry your bag and walk, which I do when I play the executive course. No point tiring yourself out when actually playing nine or eighteen holes, cause you want to score well in golf. And all golfers know playing poorly is frustrating. I am a golf cart/buggy man. For overseas courses I am the buggy and caddy man.

My theory is get fit to play golf rather then use golf for fitness. But the by product of buckets and buckets on the range is a decent physique.

For me, one should train muscular strength and stretching in the gym. Run and swim for cardio. Play tennis too cause its one sport that's complementary to golf. Very similar swing mechanism. Hip turn, arm lag, stand up to get out of the way. Only thing you have to watch is that for tennis there's more knee flex then golf, so don't let that creep into your swing.

Get fit for golf and golf will get you fit too.

Disclaimer : results vary and must be accompanied by a sensible diet.

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.